Stephen M. McClure
As CEO, Steve leads all aspects of The Spectrum Companies, implementing strategy, guiding team leaders, and overseeing the operations of its four service lines: Asset Management, Capital Management, Development, and Contract Services.
A 16-year veteran of the company, Steve joined Spectrum’s commercial leasing team in 2004, then led its residential division for 10 years before being named Chief Operating Officer in January of 2017.
Steve was the key leader in forming Spectrum’s new vision to become an evergreen company and establishing our mission to “change lives by creating special places.” He is responsible for ensuring team members are aligned and focused on living our vision and mission daily.
Steve lives in Charlotte with his wife, Erin, and their two small children, Grace and Jack.
- Wake Forest University, Bachelor of Science, Economics
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business, Master of Business Administration
Professional Affiliations and Community Activities
- North Carolina Board of Architecture, President
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Member
- National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC), Member
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Charlotte Chapter Treasurer
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church, Member
Awards & Accolades
- Charlotte Business Journal, 40 Under 40 Award, 2018