Senior Property Accountant
Please submit your resume.
We’re excited to welcome our new team member to a motivating and fun environment here in our corporate office at 300 South Tryon Street! The Spectrum Companies treats each employee like family. Our office is small enough to know and interact with everyone, yet large enough to be a part of incredible projects and offer growth opportunities.
We are seeking to hire an experienced and highly talented individual for our accounting team. As a Senior Property Accountant, this person will oversee the day-to-day accounting of assigned properties and is responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting of those properties. Typical responsibilities include month-end close, bank reconciliations, posting of journal entries and review of final reporting packages.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages for multiple clients with different reporting requirements
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting for assigned properties including journal entries and general ledger review.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Perform timely bank reconciliations on all accounts
- Analyze and interpret GL data to ensure proper revenue and expense recognition
- Manage monthly fixed asset additions and disposals and record monthly depreciation/amortization
- Prepare and maintain straight-line rent schedules
- Assist Controller in implementing new initiatives and/or process improvements
- Meet all internal and external (lender, investors, partners) reporting deadlines
- Calculate monthly distributable cash and ensure distributions are made timely
- Work closely with Property Management to reconcile tenant accounts
- Assist Property Management in resolving questions from unusual variances in property income or expenses
- Assist property management teams with annual budgets
- Coordinate property tax payments to ensure they are received by the taxing authorities prior to due dates
- Monitor assigned properties cash position
- Create ad hoc financial reports and other analyses and participate in special projects as requested by management
- 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in accounting or finance
- Commercial or residential accounting background
- MRI and/or Yardi experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Extremely analytical
- Strong PC skills particularly in the use of Excel
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand oral and written directions
- Must be extremely organized
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to respond to changing demands of position
- Comfortable in a small office environment