Assistant Property Manager | Charlotte, NC
The Assistant Property Manager will provide overall support to the Senior Property Manager in all aspects of property management and onsite accounting with primary responsibility of accounts payable, accounts receivable, identifying and resolving operational issues, vendor management and building tenant relationships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review tenant ledgers to ensure rent and other charges are correctly Send monthly tenant statements. Collect rent and apply to tenant ledgers. Resolve any accounts receivable issues.
- Complete monthly accruals to ensure expenses are properly accounted for in the current
- Provide back-up support to the Property Administrator with accounts payable to include general ledger coding, data entry and review.
- Continuously build a thorough knowledge of essential accounting principles (i.e., cash projections/accruals) in regards to property management.
- Assist in the management and tracking of costs for contracts, repairs and maintenance, capital improvement projects and miscellaneous accounts.
- Work with Senior Property Manager to prepare month-end and quarterly reports, ensuring deadlines are met and information is accurate.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Accounting System (MRI).
- Oversee tenant billings (rent, billbacks, operating expenses, ).
- Receive and record monthly gross sales reports for retail
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget with direction from Senior Property
- Provide reliable customer service, tenant, and prospective client
- Collect and maintain certificates of insurance for tenants, vendors, and contractors via third party tracking software.
- Responsible for general office administration and maintaining complete, well organized physical, as well as electronic files.
- Assist with completion of non-routine reports and/or other tasks as
- Handle tenant requests, complaints, and suggestions in a positive way that establishes and maintains favorable landlord/customer relations.
- Support Property Management in the implementation and maintenance of a formal documented tenant relations plan to ensure tenant satisfaction as measured by formal and informal feedback, annual survey results and controllable tenant retention.
- Manage/coordinate amenity service providers (i.e., fitness center, food service, auto detailing, ).
- Plan, promote and execute tenant nurturing
- Become familiar with all tenant and landlord lease obligations and enforce compliance of both
- Complete special projects as requested under supervision of Senior Property
- Produce quality, error-free work and be ahead of the curve in assigned
- Attend staff/property meetings, prepared and fully
- Respond to emails and requests in a timely
- Provide updates as required on all outstanding assignments and/or special
- Manage daily workload with efficiency and utilization of
- Identify areas of training needed and develop program plan to
- Promote and foster a positive work
- Offer solutions to correct deficiencies either brought to your attention or observed personally and be prepared to discuss suggestions to improve.
- Undergraduate Degree and/or 2-5 years property management work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills and the ability to adapt quickly to new
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and attention to
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relations with team members, tenants, and
- Adaptable to change within the organization and the needs of the
- Capacity to work with little direction maintaining confidentiality and
Qualified and interested candidates please submit your resume.