Assistant Property Manager | Raleigh, NC
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle tenant requests, complaints, and suggestions in a positive way that establishes and maintains favorable landlord/customer relations.
- Support Property Management in the implementation and maintenance of a formal documented tenant relations plan to ensure tenant satisfaction as measured by formal and informal feedback, annual survey results and controllable tenant retention.
- Manage/coordinate any amenity service providers (i.e., food service, fitness center, auto detailing, etc.).
- Review all (outstanding) work order records on a daily basis to ensure all requests are handled and there are no reoccurring problems.
- Plan, promote and execute tenant nurturing events.
- Become familiar with all tenant and landlord lease obligations and enforce compliance of both parties.
- Create Lease/Amendment Abstracts for review by Property and Asset manager within allotted time.
- Immediately update all necessary reports and lease management software affected by new or changed leases/amendments.
- Provide reliable customer service, tenant, and prospective client interaction.
- Collect and maintain certificates of insurance for tenants, vendors, and contractors via third party tracking software.
- Responsible for general office administration and maintaining complete, well-organized physical, as well as electronic files.
- Assist with completion of non-routine reports and/or other tasks as requested.
- Oversee all accounts payable for properties by processing invoices which includes GL coding and data entry (manually and/or via 3rd party accounting software). Review with property manager for approval and work with vendors to clear up billing issues.
- Continuously build a thorough knowledge of essential accounting principles ( i.e., cash projections/accruals) in regards to property management.
- Assist in the management of incurred and budgeted costs for contracts, repairs and maintenance, capital improvement projects and miscellaneous accounts.
- Work with financial analysist to prepare month end reports, ensuring deadlines are met and information is accurate.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Accounting System (MRI, Yardi, YardiOne and Kardin).
- Oversee tenant billings (rent, billbacks, operating expenses).
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget with direction from Property Manager.
- Complete special projects as requested under supervision of property manager.
- Attend staff/property meetings, prepared and fully engaged.
- Respond to emails and requests in a timely manner.
- Provide updates as required on all outstanding assignments and/or special projects.
- Manage daily workload with efficiency and utilization of time.
- Identify areas of training needed and develop program plan to achieve.
- Promote and foster a positive work environment.
- Offer solutions to correct deficiencies either brought to your attention or observed personally and be prepared to discuss suggestions to improve.
- Undergraduate Degree and/or 2-5 years property management work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills and the ability to adapt quickly to new software.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relations with team members, tenants, and vendors.
- Adaptable to change within the organization and the needs of the client.
- Capacity to work with little direction maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
Qualified and interested candidates please submit your resume.